I feel lucky to live in Maple Grove. From coaching my daughters' soccer teams to being on the Maple Grove Citizens Advisory Committee, I have enjoyed being part of our community. As I talk to my neighbors, I've learned we have the same concerns - that the state's budget problems are beginning to erode the life we enjoy in Maple Grove and Osseo. I worked in public finance for 14 years and I understand the difference between accounting gimmicks and real, long-term budget solutions. I want to be your state representative because we need a voice at the Capitol who listens more than speaks and who puts our needs ahead of partisan politics. I will represent you in St. Paul by focusing on our priorities; good jobs, good schools and fiscal responsibility.
Rudy and I met at a college barn dance party 24 years ago this October. We have now been married for 19 years. We have two daughters, Anna and Sofia. Rosie, our lab mix puppy, is the newest addition to our family. Rudy works as a marketing director.
- City Finance Director
- Assistant City Finance Director
- Economic Development Consulting
- Commercial Banking
In the Community
- Member of the Maple Grove Citizen's Advisory Committee
- League of Women Voters
- Wayzata Schools Legislative Action Committee
- Girl Scouts treasurer and former Brownie co-leader
- Soccer coach and assistant basketball coach
- Junior Great Books, Partner's in Literature and Partner in Arts volunteer
- Therapy Dogs through Heritage Animal Hospital
- Managed Lee Carlson's campaign for state representative in 2006
- Organized a monthly community meeting with speakers on national, state and local issues
- Book club, garden club, and member of the Maple Grove Arts Council
- Member and volunteer at St. Bartholomew Catholic Church
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics/Finance, University of Illinois
- Masters in Public Administration, University of Illinois
Sofia, Rudy, Katie and Anna
Whether you are comfortable talking to voters or would rather help from home, you can help Katie ensure our community's future.